14 oktober 2013

Complacency



Do you know that feeling of acquiring a piece of clothing that makes you a bit reluctant to wear anything else ever? I recently purchased this sweatshirt from TK Maxx men's section for 8 pounds (down from 50, they boldly claim) and I've kind of lost interest in wearing any other clothes now. It's grey, so goes with everything, but a bit faux-worn, so still interesting and most of all, it's COSY.

 I love clothes, I love dressing up and dressing down and wearing weird high-waisted tartan wool trousers with a deep blue suede coat with white faux fur trimming to school, but sometimes it's so exhausting, you know? I really like the 1930's schoolboy aesthetic but wooly sweaters are itchy as fuck. I love wearing tights and skirts and dresses but Edinburgh is so COLD right now and even if I taped two fleece blankets to my legs and called it tights, I'd still be shivering whenever I leave the flat which would severely impair my ability to dodge the American tourists on the Royal Mile. 

So I've resorted to wearing this sweater and a pair of H&M jeans at all times. I should probably wash it soon, but what would I wear while it's in the wash? I don't know! This may be the garment that made me lose all interest in fashion, but for the sake of this blog (and the sense of smell of those around me) I hope it passes soon.

Do you have any clothes that are so cosy and comfortable that you just, kind of, stop caring?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar